AGA offers members a host of benefits designed to support your career growth and success, including:
- Knowledge sharing and networking through AGA chapters, national conferences, membership directory and social networking.
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities through active involvement at the chapter, regional or national level.
- Certification through the Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) Program.
- Continuing professional education (CPE) to suit every learning style.
- Resume database and job bank through AGA’s Career Center.
- Advocacy through AGA’s Financial Management Standards Board, which provides valuable input to standards-setting bodies and policy-makers on behalf of the government financial management profession.
- Recognition through national awards and scholarships.
AGA publications include:
- Newsletters — AGA keeps you informed through a variety of newsletters, such as Perspectives on Performance, AGA Insider, AGA TOPICS and more.
- Journal of Government Financial Management — a peer-reviewed, quarterly research journal known for its in-depth coverage of relevant issues affecting government financial managers.
- Research reports and Executive reports — reports assess best practices and recommendations for future improvements in federal, state and local governmental accounting, auditing and financial management.
AGA offers four national conferences:
- Professional Development Conference (PDC)
- National Leadership Conference (NLC)
- Federal Performance Conference (FPC)
- Internal Control & Fraud Conference
Members receive discounts on CGFM renewal as well as:
- Continuing professional education hours needed to maintain your certification.
- Conference registrations. Members save an average of $175 per conference over the nonmember rate.